Friday, June 14, 2013

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden!
This is Francis Scott Key's"Star Spangled Banner," that flew over
Fort Mc Henry in 1814. It now hangs in the Museum of Natural History
in Washington D.C. (The last time we were there they were working on
the restoration of it.) Since today is flag day, be sure to fly your flag.

A FLAG IN TROUBLE
In over two-hundred years
I have proudly flown,
Over hill and dale
And the great white foam.

I've been torn and stomped
And have seen much blood shed.
I have been loving draped
Over a soldier's last bed.

Now, I am not waving,
So proud and true,
But trembling with worry...
Is my job through?

I've been America's symbol
Of freedom's last stand,
My future is now...
In America's own hand!

God bless America!

Freda Fullerton
June 14, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment