Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden!
Our Granddaughter, Katie, when she was small.

THE THINGS I TREASURE
Father, you ask us not to lay up treasure
      in this earthly land,
But I think the things I treasure,
      are the things you understand.

I treasure little children
     and the smile upon each face.
I treasure special loved ones
      and their fond embrace.

I treasure a lovely sunset
      on a sea of blue.
I treasure  every sunrise,
      for the day is completely new.

I treasure older people,
      and the example they have been.
And all the treasured moments
      spent with a special friend.

I treasure sight, to see the beauty
      of this lovely land.
I treasure sound, to hear the music
      of a lively band.

I treasure laughter, for it lifts
      the burden of the day.
I treasure special memories,
      that have come my way.

I treasure springtime showers
      You send from up above.
I treasure your Son, Father,
      for His unselfish love.

These are the things I treasure,
      and I hold them up for You to view,
For I think the things I treasure,
      are the ones You treasure too!

Freda Fullerton
January 15, 2014
    

No comments:

Post a Comment