Monday, April 21, 2014

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden!
I took this picture, just as the sun was coming up over the Sea of Galilee
We spent the night in a Kibbutz in Tiberias on the shore of the sea.
Some of us women had a wake-up call and went done to the shore of
the lake to watch the sun come up . We read the account where Jesus fixed
breakfast for His disciples, after they had spent a night fishing. John 21:2-11
We saw a lone fishing boat coming in from a night of fishing, and it looked
old enough to have been there during the days of Peter, James and John.

GALILEE
Today, I watched the sun
Come up over Galilee.
I thought of all that Jesus did,
Around this very sea.

I saw a lone fishing boat
In the early dawn.
I thought of how He called them,
Peter, James and John.

He prepared a meal for them,
On this very shore,
Declared that He had died for them
And would live forevermore.

I cast my eyes upon the water,
He walked on this very sea.
He called out to Peter,
"Come walk with me!"

He still the raging waters,
With the words, "Peace be still."
He drove the demons in the swine,
Just on that distant hill.

As I watched the sun come up
Over the Sea of Galilee...
All His words and deeds
Came alive for me.

Freda Fullerton
April 21, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment