Friday, July 1, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is a Thomas Kinkade print. I thought it fit so well
with today's poem.

KEEPER OF THE TEMPLE GATE
I'm the keeper of the temple gate,
Where the Holy Spirit dwells
And what you may ask,
Does this job entail?

As a priest to my Holy Father,
I must censer all that enters in,
Prayers of incense offered,
Filters out the worldly sin.

I must close the gate
Upon things not fit to be seen
And shut out the winds of hearing,
Of the things that are unclean.

And with the Holy Word,
Daily sweep the temple floor,
Of all the dust of sin,
That seeps under the temple door.

Envy, hate and jealousy
Must quickly be tossed out,
And I must be sure to rid the temple,
Of every particle of doubt.

As the keeper of the temple gate,
Most importantly,
I must keep the fire of love,
Burning eternally!

You are being built into a spiritual house
to be a royal priesthood. 1 Peter 2:5

Freda Fullerton
July 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment