Sunday, April 1, 2012

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden!
This is the Damascus Gate in the old part of the city of
Jerusalem.
Today, is what is known as Palm Sunday and this week
is what is called "Passion Week" the last week of the physical
life of Jesus. Last year I posted a poem each day, following the
last week of Jesus. The dates were April 17-24, 2011, if you would
like to look them up. When I think how young Jesus was, I'm astounded
that He was willing to die and to take such a burden on His shoulders. I
have a grandson that's 33 and that kind of puts it in perspective for me.
I'm going to follow His last week this week with new poems I hope it
will help us to keep focused on the real reason for the Easter season.

Triumphal Entry: Luke 19: 28-44

HOSANNA
"Hosanna," They cried,
"Here comes the king,
Let us gather up an army,
Then freedom we'll sing!"

Jesus sadly watched the crowd,
As He rode into Jerusalem that day,
Knowing that they misunderstood
His message and His way.

The crowd gathered all around,
There was much excited chatter,
Only Jesus knew their hearts,
Knew they cared not for things that matter!

Sadly, He marched toward,
The final week of life,
Knowing He would leave behind
Much sorrow and much strife.

"Hosanna," they shouted, loud and clear
But the time was drawing very near
That the crowd would then shout...
"Crucify Him! Crucify Him here!"

Freda Fullerton
April 1, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment