Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fred's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden!
This is a picture of my cousin, Carol and our dog, Topsy,
Taken many moons ago. Next sunday is Mother's Day and
this week I will be sending out nostalgic poems and poems
about family and mother. This poem has been updated.

THE FOLKS BACK HOME.
I wonder about the folks back home
And how they are today?
I wonder if the miss me very much,
Now that I've gone away?

I think about my old dog, Topsy,
And wonder if she'd know me still.
If she was me coming up...
that far and distant hill?

I think about all the walks,
I took, down by Cherry Creek,
And all the private plans I made,
That I went off to keep.

I haven't made my fortune yet,
Perhaps I'm on my way,
Still I miss the folks back home
And think about them each day.

I know the things I seek,
As through this world I roam,
Are not as important as the folks
That I left back home.

Many years have passed,
And Topsy is not there today.
And all the folks back home,
Well... they too have gone away.

But I shall see them all again,
I am sure, one day.
And it will seem like home again
And that they have never been away!

Freda Fullerton
May 5, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment