Thursday, February 2, 2012

Freda's Garden

Welcome to my Garden:
This is a patchwork quilt top that my grandma helped me piece
when I was a little girl. It is pieced on squares of paper and I
guess it was called patchwork, because it was made from patches
of scraps of material. Paper back then was almost as scarce as
material. I would like to hand quilt it, if I can figure out what pattern
to use?

LIFE IS LIKE A PATCHWORK QUILT
Life is like a patchwork quilt
Some colors sunshine bright,
Just like some days...
When everything goes right.

Some colors are as dark as night,
Colors of a somber hue,
Life has many dark, dark days,
With somber moments too.

As we stitch them all together,
The brights outshine the dark,
As it is with life...
Blessings outweigh the stark.

In a patchwork quilt,
We need balance in the form,
Life needs balance too,
We rejoice as well as mourn.

Brights would never seem so bright,
If darks did not march along,
Life would never seem so sweet,
If there were no sadness in our song.

Freda Fullerton
February 2, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment