Sunday, June 5, 2011

Freda's Garden

Welcome to my Garden:
I have no earthly sisters, but love my spiritual sisters.
The above picture is a tea, with some of my spiritual
sisters. Form the left Eileen Dow (standing, Katherine
McDonough,) me, Jean Neal (standing, Phyllis Goodwin)
and Jean's guest, Lois Taylor. We have lost Katherine,
she has gone home to be with the Lord.

LOVE ONE ANOTHER
What would we give
In exchange for our soul?
Is it fame, is it power,
Or riches untold?

I'm afraid that many times,
It is far less than this...
For the lack of love in our heart,
Heaven we'll miss.

If you have no love in your heart,
For your brother, you see...
God's question is....
"How can you say you love me?"

We may give all that we have,
Our body to burn,
If there's no love in our heart,
Our gifts God will spurn!

We cannot sing praises to God
And curse one another,
Or bring gifts to God's alter,
If we hate our own brother.

The greatest commandment,
Love the God of this Land,
The second to this....
Love fellowman.

Freda Fullerton
June 5, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment