Sunday, November 6, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is a field at Valley Forge. During that long, cold
winter, I'm sure some of Washington's men must have
asked, "Why me?" If they had not persevered, I wonder
where we would be today?

WHY ME?
Why me? Why not me?
Two questions most of us have asked
And we don't always understand,
When we've been given a difficult task.

We see people sail through life
Without sorrow or without pain
And never take the time,
To be thankful for their gain.

We see people undeserving,
Of a future all so bright
And we wonder why...
To us, it's just not right!

But we only see the picture,
With eyes that can't for-tell,
What the future holds...
For those who are doing well.

It may be down the road,
That very soon will be
A reason for them to exclaim
Oh Lord, why me?

So, I can't predict the future,
For anyone you see...
And I might as well proclaim,
Dear Lord, why not me?

Freda Fullerton
November 6, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment