Saturday, November 26, 2011

Freda's Garden:


Welcome to my Garden:
This is a Seth Thomas schoolhouse clock that hangs in our living-room.
Jim bought the clock for 10 dollars about 50 years ago. It is hand wound,
with a key and I must wind it about once a week. I sometimes forget and
I do in fact, stop the clock, but not time, of course!

IF I COULD STOP THE CLOCK
If I could stop the clock,
What age would I want to be?
Would I want my children small,
Where they still depend on me?

Would I want to be a kid again,
Running wild and free?
Or would my teen years...
Be again, what I'd like to see?

Of course, it's foolish thinking,
That I can stop the hands of time.
I'm comfortable in the present,
Not before me or behind.

It is fun to do some reminiscing,
Of the days that long have gone,
So, let the clock keep on ticking,
As I keep traveling on!

Freda Fullerton
November 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment