Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
It started to rain about 11 last night. I could hear
it pitter-pat upon the roof. I snuggled down under
my warm blankets and let it lull me to sleep. It
is still raining this morning and as I set here at my
computer I can see the lemon tree just outside my
window. The beautiful, yellow fruit has been washed
clean by the rain. Rain must be God's way of giving
his creation a bath!

I LIKE THE RAIN
I like to watch the rain
As it splatters all around,
Making little rivulets
Upon the sodden ground.

I like to hear the rain
Pitter-pat against the window pane,
Or the steady beat
Upon a roof top weather vane.

I like to feel the rain,
Clean upon my face,
As I walk a country road
And keep  steady pace.

I like to watch and hear the rain
And feel it in the wind,
For tis on such a day as this,
I feel just like a kid again.

Freda Fullerton
February 16, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment