Thursday, February 24, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:

Man has accomplished many great things, my computer
for instances, with the touch of a button, I can instantly
send a message around the world; that still amazes me
so much! There is one thing man can't do, he can't save
himself. He needs God for that! In my poem below, I've
pointed out some things man has done and the things
that are only done by the "Hand of God."

THE HAND OF GOD
Man with his mighty works of steel
Hath created many an awesome thing,
But only from the Hand of God
Were wrought the days of Spring.

Man's cities stand a monument
To the things that he can do,
But man can never create a sky,
Tinted a heavenly hue.

Man can scale a mountain,
Sail an ocean wide,
But tis God you see,
That marks the boundaries of the tide.

Man has learned to fly a plane,
And tis a grand, grand thing,
But ah, grander still, the humble bird,
Only God can make it sing.

Freda Fullerton
February 24, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment