Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Freda's Garden

Welcome to my Garden:

I read a story once, about this mother that was having
a difficult time getting her young son to go to sleep.
He kept asking for one thing and another and finally he
called, "Mamma, I'm afraid!" She answered, "You
do not need to be afraid, God is watching over you."
There was a pause, and a small, trembling voice said,
"But I need someone with skin on!"
 Don't we all?
We need a hug a pat on the back, a hand to hold.
Tuesday's are special. I get to fellowship with my
Christian sisters, in a Bible class. God knows that
fellowship is important, as indicated in my following
poem.

FELLOWSHIP
Lord it takes a lot of faith,
To believe that you are there,
When I'm overwhelmed,
With sorrow and despair.

When I'm really suffering,
And my life is filled with pain,
It is easy to believe,
My faith is all in vain.

 I need the comfort,
Of a physical embrace,
And the smile of reassurance,
From a human face.

In your wisdom lord,
You must have known I'd feel this way,
That must be why you gave me other Christians
To fellowship today.

Freda Fullerton
February 22, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment