Monday, February 28, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:

A few years back I helped Katy Ramsey, a wife of one
of our elders, plan a week-end retreat. Our theme was
"Joy For All Seasons." We had four speakers, a woman
from each season of life. I certainly enjoyed working with
Katy and it was  great growing experience for me. Katy
and her husband, Henry have since gone home to be with
the Lord. I treasure the time spent planning that retreat.
Lynne Lawson, another dear, sister in Christ, typed up
the program and put it in a workbook. I wrote the
following poem to go inside the workbook.

JOY FOR ALL SEASONS
Joy for all seasons,
In every circumstance of life?
Lord, how can I be joyful,
There is so much sorrow, so much strife?

"My child I shall be with you."
He answered patiently.
"No trial shall befall you,
That I shall not be with thee."

Lord, how can I be joyful,
I'm in a lot of pain?
"Endure," He whispered softly,
"Heaven is your gain."

Lord I've lost a loved one
I miss so very much!
"Did you know that I cried with you?"
He said, with a gentle touch.

My tears were were not tears of sorrow,
For your loved one is with me.
They were tears of compassion
And sympathy for thee."

Lord, this world is cold and lonely,
And I feel so all alone!
"My child, you're on a journey,
This world is not your home!

How can you be joyful?
Remember at this journey's end
There's a candle in the window
And a long awaited friend."

Freda Fullerton
February 28, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment