Saturday, February 26, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:

God has blessed us with three wonderful children,
two girls and a boy. Janet is the oldest and Julie is
twenty-three months younger and John is almost
seven years younger than Julie. They're all grown
and wonderful, responsible adults, with great
Christian ethics. We're proud of each one. Today
is Janet's birthday and my poem below was written
several years ago. I'm posting it today, in honor of
her birthday!

MY LITTLE GIRLS
Girls are something special,
With pony-tails or curly hair.
God gave me an extra blessing,
For he gave to me a pair.

All the ruffles and the lace,
That I stitched up by the yard,
And to believe that now, they're grown-up
Is really very hard.

I see the dolly dresses,
Made with tender, loving care,
The play hi-heels and make-up
And nurse's kit is there.

I see the birthday parties,
With the candles on the cake
I see the Christmas cookies,
That they loved to help me make.

I can hear the little prayers they offered
As I tucked them into bed,
And I recall the many,
little funny things they said.

Now, they're all grown-up,
But they shall remain, in a special way
My little girls forever,
In my memories of yesterday!

Freda Fullerton
February 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment