Friday, February 18, 2011

Freda's Garden

Welcome to my Garden:

This week my husband, Jim and I received a lovely
surprise through the mail. A hand-made valentine
from our youth minister's two small daughters, Ellie
and Abbie. The delightful surprise fits right in with
today's poem. Don and Michelle are certainly teaching
their small children to love the Lord.

GIFTS FROM GOD
Children are gifts from God,
A miracle of love;
With this miracle comes an admonition
From our Father above.

"I grant to you this blessing
A most precious gift to you.
Please remember they will follow in your footsteps
In everything you do.

They will watch you from the cradle
Or as they are at play.
Will you tell them of My love?
Will they see you kneel and pray?

They have such tender minds,
That are as pure as whitest snow.
Will you tell them all about Me
All the things that they should know?

Do not let their little minds be cluttered
By a world filled with sin,
That by the time they are grow-up
They have no desire to let me in.

Please do not let their lives be wasted
for the lack of telling why...
My love was so great for them,
I sent My only Son to die."

Freda Fullerton
February 18, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment