Monday, May 2, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This poem was written a few years ago I must have felt
like I look in this picture ,"tired." Now... as then, at 78 and
counting I think, "How did I get from young to old so fast??
I still think young and try to learn new things and that does
keep me "young at heart."

YOUNG AT HEART
The years have come up on me now,
Sometimes they feel heavy on my brow.

My steps are not the same swift pace,
Sometimes I falter in the race.

Sometimes I find it bittersweet,
That age is not an honored treat.

Yet, I feel within my heart's frame
Just as young as coming Spring.

My dreams are not of old,
But of youthful things untold.

This should prove right from the start.
That age is a matter of the heart!

Freda Fullerton
May 2, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment