Saturday, May 7, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:

This is a picture of my paternal grandparents.
Fred and Annie McCoy. Grandma did not have to
worry about clumsy, little hands breaking collectable
items in her home. After having raised 11 children and
having 30+ grandchildren, she had precious little expensive
items to break. She collected hearts, not things. She had
great reason to be often in prayer, having born 13 children, 2
died as infants. She had 5 sons in the military at the same
time, during World War 2 . Both grandma and grandpa had
a wonderful sense of humor and were both Christians.

A GRANDMA'S PRAYER
Though my steps may be slower,
And my eyes somewhat dim.
Lord, please give me the strength
To keep up with them.

If a China piece is broken,
By clumsy, little hands,
They grow-up so fast,
Help me to understand,

That monetary values
Are not worth their precious tears,
Though I truly treasure,
Things I've collected through the years.

Please help me remember
Visits now are a delight,
When they are older,
Visits will be made to be polite.

While they are small and a lot of trouble,
I must take time for them, I see,
Or when they're all grown-up
They'll have no time for me!

Freda Fullerton
May 7, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment