Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is me at Lake Louise in Alberta, Canada

A WISH
I wish I had the power to touch each lonely heart
With an inner glow.
I wish I could find a way to ease the mind
Of those who are troubled so.

I would like to wipe each away each tear,
Erase each troubled frown.
I'd like to help the deaf to hear,
A lovely, lilting sound.

I'd like to help the blind
To see a red, red rose, an old oak tree.
A rainbow's arch,
And a sunrise on the sea.

All the old and helpless
That are forgotten so,
I'd like to say, "I love you,"
I'd like for them to know,

That the world is not so ugly,
As I know that it seems.
It is filled with lovely flowers.
And beautiful sunbeams.

I would like to cradle all the forgotten children,
Tenderly, to my breast,
And say "Rest on sweet one's,
Find sweet peace and rest."

But then I said, "I'm only human,
Faltering here below,
And God, I must leave you this task,
For I know you love them so."

And this is what he had to say:
"You may not make the blind to see
But you can...
Be his eyes for me.

The deaf may not hear the music
That pours forth from the harp,
But he can feel a melody,
Deep within his heart.

And the old and lonely,
I know you can't visit every one,
But that is no excuse,
You can visit some!

You can't take in all the forgotten children,
This I know is true,
But you could start with one,
This I know you can do!

You see, it's in the little things,
You can be my hand.
If you can't move a mountain,
Move a grain of sand!"

Freda Fullerton
May 11, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment