Sunday, May 15, 2011

Freda's Garden:

 
Welcome to my Garden
Christmas Past:
This is our Christmas table. We always have an abundance
of food and fellowship with family and friends. God has
blessed us abundantly. That abundance was the inspiration
for the poem below.

OUT OF MY ABUNDANCE
Dear God, out of my abundance
   help me to smile a little smile.
Out of my abundance
   walk that extra mile.
Help me to show a little kindness
   to someone every day.
Help me to see a soul that's burdened
   as I pass along the way,
In their lonely hours,
   they my need a loving touch.
Out of my abundance, help me give,
   I have so much!
It need not be a mountain, sea,
   or bit of sky,
Just, perhaps a minute,
   or a smile in passing by.
It need only be the caring of another,
   when the day is done,
For out of Your abundance,
   You gave Your only Son

Freda Fullerton
May 15, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment