Saturday, August 27, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is me at the Featherdale Wildlife Park near Sydney, Australia.
Those cute little birds are fairy penguins. We had the privilege of
visiting Phillip Island and seeing the fairy penguins in the wild.
Every evening at the same time, they come in on the tide to nest
in burrows in the sand dunes along the shore. We were asked not to
use flash cameras. If the birds become confused, they go back out
on the tide and tire out and drown. Since they are flightless, they can
cannot fly to safety. We are like that, if we do not keep connected to
our Lord and Savior!

LIKE A FLIGHTLESS BIRD

When I fail to pray
And take matters in my own hand,
My life holds much confusion,
I fail to understand,

I'm like a ship with a rudder,
A boat without a sail,
There is no power to sustain me,
On which I can prevail.

I will wander in the desert,
With no love to quench my thirst
If I look not to my Savior
And I fail to put Him first.

If I feed not on the manna
Of His Holy Word
Or commune not with the Father,
I am like a flightless bird.

It matters not the effort,
If the flight is all my own
Without God's compass there to guide me
I will never reach my home!

Freda Fullerton
August 27, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment