Saturday, March 5, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:

Have you ever been in God's waiting room? I'm sure you have.
We can't get away from stressful, waiting situations. One time my
dad was having minor surgery at noon. I hurried to the hospital.
They had already taken him in. I waited, waited and waited, finally
I walked up to his room in time to hear the housekeeper say, to his
roommate, "This man will not be returning to his room." I stepped
inside and asked, "Why not?" She told me he had been sent to ICU.
I hurried down there and phoned in. A nurse answered and said,
"Yes, they just brought him in. I do not know his condition, when we
get him settled, I will call you." I was in God's waiting room! After a
pray, I penned the following poem. As it turned out it was not serious,
his blood-pressure was elevated.
If you're now in God's waiting room I hope the following words will
bring you comfort.


CHANGE ME
Instead of changing things, Dear Lord,
I pray that you change me.
May the things I have to do,
Be done most willingly.

When my feet do not want to follow You,
I pray for faith to let You lead.
When my hands do not want to serve You,
 For an extra measure of Your love I plead.

When my will says, "no," to You,
"'It's unfair to me!"
Give me an instant vision
Of Christ on the cross to see.

He followed You in times of joy,
And times of deep despair.
He never, ever, questioned
If it was just or fair.

He followed You right to the cross,
And gave His life to Thee.
May I say with Him, Dear Lord,
"Here am I, led me!"

Freda Fullerton
March 5, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment