Thursday, March 10, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:

I taught Sunday School for several years. I loved to write
stories to go along with my lesson and I also wrote a few
children's poems. I love to tell a story through poetry, as I
have done in the following story of David and Goliath.

DAVID AND GOLIATH
David was a shepherd boy
His Father's sheep were in his care.
He protected them with his life,
From the lion and the bear.

One day, his father said,
"Go check on your brothers three,
They're off fighting the Philistines
With King Saul's Army."

When David arrived in camp,
Saul's Army was hiding out in fear, that day.
He could hear the taunts of the Philistines,
Not very far away.

David was very angry.
He couldn't understand,
Why they allowed God to be insulted
By this heathen band!

He yelled, "I shall fight theses heathen,
Even, that man, very tall.
I need only my faithful, slingshot
And a few smooth stones, that's all."

Goliath, sneered and said,
'I'll feed you to the birds of the air."
David answered, "God will protect me,
As he did from the lion and the bear!"

Goliath, full of confidence,
Ventured forth, with a proud sashay.
David's stone and slingshot
Stopped Goliath dead that day!

Freda Fullerton
March 10, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment