Monday, December 12, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden!
This is a few of my Christmas cookies and candy, I've
made this week. I love to bake, especially on a rainy
day. It's raining this morning and I have sugar cookie  
dough chilling in the refrigerator to make Christmas
cut-out cookies later. In the poem below I've mentioned
a few more of my favorite things to do on a rainy day!

RAINY DAYS
Rainy days and baking
Is so much fun
Spicy smells fill the house
Tempting everyone.

Rainy days and reading
Is a favorite for me
A fleecy, throw upon the couch
That's as cozy as can be.

Rainy days and soup
Bubbling in a pan,
With its homemade goodness,
Not from a can.

Rainy days and writing,
Notes you hope will cheer,
Those you want to remember
And let them know you care.

Rainy days and naps,
The patter puts me to sleep
And makes it seem the world
Is all at once at peace!

Freda Fullerton
December 12, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment