Monday, December 19, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
I'm taking this poinsettia to the cemetery today to place
on my mom and dad's grave. I miss them at Christmas
time! I'm sure you have loved ones you miss as well.
Today's poem is a "thank you," to my mom and dad,
as I remember Christmas, when I was young.

THANK YOU:
As Christmas time draws near
I miss my mom and dad.
And I want to say, "thank you,"
For giving me the childhood I had.

Thank you, for teaching me about Jesus
And making me want to claim
That grand old Christmas story
And to wear His Holy Name.

I miss you at the Christmas table,
As I remember days gone by.
Mom, I'm still making...
Your famous, chocolate pie.

And dad, I need the pair of house-shoes
That you always bought on Christmas Eve.
Shopping done early...
Is something in which you did not believe!

And as I remember...
My young days, I recall,
Santa always came,
Even when the purse was small.

So, for all the sacrifices...
I say , "thank you," today,
As I remember Christmas' past
In very a special way!

Freda Fullerton
December 19, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment