Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
Yesterday on face-book I told my daughter that I had
made Christmas cut-out cookies... hearts, stars and trees
and I thought I felt a poem coming on... and here it is!

COOKIE SYMBOLS OF CHRISTMAS
Hearts make me think...
Of all of those I love
And how God sent His only Son,
From His home up above.

Stars represent...
The one the shepherds kept in sight
As they traveled to Bethlehem
On that first Christmas night.

Christmas trees and gifts around them,
Reminds us of the gifts the magi brought that day
And the manger, made of wood,
On which the Christ Child lay.

And as Christmas day draws near
And we think of symbols we hold dear,
Let us ever be thankful
For this special time of year!

Freda Fullerton
December 13, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment