Monday, December 26, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
I hope you and yours were as blessed as we were this
Christmas! Today's poem tries to express that!

MY BEST GIFTS
My best gifts this Christmas
Were not found under the tree,
But were the love and friendships
Shown by friends and family.

Phone calls from loved ones
That could not be here,
Making them not seem so far
And wishing they were near.

Cards through the mail
Writing about life and each new thing.
A special Christmas service at church
Singing carols, as our voices ring.

Greeting people who've moved on
And returned for the holidays.
Christmas is not always under the tree,
It is in the love shown so many ways.

Christmas maybe over...
Dinner left-overs have been put away,
But I pray that special feeling
Will be with me each new day!

Freda Fullerton
December 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment