Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is a "winter wonderland," our daughter's backyard
when they lived in Jamestown, Rhode Island. Today's
poem was taken from 2 Timothy 4:12. " Do your best
to come before winter." Paul was writing from a prison
in Rome and there is no indication that Timothy made it
to Rome that winter, but I like to think he did!
I hope your preparations for this busy Christmas season, is
filled with peace and joy!

COME BEFORE WINTER
Come before winter...
Gives you a feeing of urgency  .
Prepare for the cold season
Is what it seems to be.

I need to make very sure
That I am well supplied,
For the stormy season...
For whatever may betide.

I need to take measures
To be prepared so very well,
For for each and every season,
For winter's, long, cold spell.

Even nature prepares for winter,
As we all well know...
Squirrels, birds and even trees
Prepare for winter snow.

I need to be prepared...
For the winter of my life,
Learn to live above
The stress and the strife.

I want to be ready...
Spring, summer, fall,
Or if it should be winter,
When God makes His call!

Freda Fullerton
December 21, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment