Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
Our flag is a symbol of freedom. Freedom of speech
is for everyone, not just a favored few!

I MAY NOT AGREE
I may not agree with what you say,
But I defend your right to say it.
This country was built on freedom of speech
And it is your right to display it.

I may not agree with what you believe,
But it is your right to pursue it.
I may not agree with how you live your life,
But it is your right to do it.

And it is my right, as well,
To have free speech today,
So please don't call me a racist
For the things I have to say.

We may never agree
On what is right or wrong,
But as a people, we can work together,
To make this nation strong.

If we respect the right of all,
Not just a favored few,
In what may be said
And in all we may do!

Freda Fullerton
January 3, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment