Saturday, January 21, 2012

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is the house where I was born. I was born in the room
where you can see the window and I've been told it was a very
hot July afternoon. The men cut tree branches to shade that
window. (no air-conditioner in those days) It was my maternal
grandparents house Lester and Rosie Johnson

THE HOUSE WHERE I WAS BORN
The house where I was born
Was not a mansion fair,
But it was a place where God was known
And love abided there.

It was unpretentious in its looks
It would never be on view;
It was humble in that way,
As the folks, there were too.

It represented peace...
It represented love...
It was guided by our Father
And His angels up above.

It made welcome every stranger,
That happened by that way.
There was always food upon the table
And an invitation for all to stay.

It was to my grandparents house
That I came to abide...
I found security there
And joy and love and pride!

Freda Fullerton
January 21, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment