Saturday, April 2, 2011

Freda's Garden:

(Welcome to my Garden:
 Forgiveness is a two way street. We forgive others
and God forgives us. " If you do not forgive men their
sins our heavenly Father will not forgive your sins."
(Matthew 6:15) Not an easy thing to do!
Today's poem was taken from
Matthew 18:21-22

FORGIVING OTHERS
Lord, when You were asked about forgiveness
   You said that it would be,
More than seventy-times-seven,
   And You would forgive me.

So Lord, as I make my journey, through this earthly land,
   May this be:
How I treat brothers and sisters,
   And all my fellowman.

You love me when I'm unloving,
   And I fail to look to Thee,
My I also love a brother or a sister,
   When I feel they have failed me.

When others seem unkind,
   Help me to look the other way,
For I may have been unkind,
  Perhaps just yesterday.

If I nurse a hurt...
   A grudge will surely follow it and then,
I've opened up the door,
   For the devil to creep in.

In this human body,
   Perfection will never be,
So help me to forgive others,
   Just as you as you have forgiven me!

Freda Fullerton
April 2, 2011
  

No comments:

Post a Comment