Sunday, April 17, 2011

Freda's Garden:

"Welcome to my Garden:
Today is what is know as Palm Sunday. The day that Jesus
rode into Jerusalem for the last time. In November of 1984
I had the privilege of visiting Israel. We stayed at a hotel on
Mt. Scopus that over-looked the city. The next morning as
I looked out over the city and thought of Jesus' last entry
I heard a rooster crow and a donkey bray. It gave me chill
bumps! And I wrote the following poem.
This picture of Jerusalem was taken from the Mt. Olives.

JERUSALEM
I gazed upon the city,
That Jesus loved so dear.
I remembered, He called,
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, will you not draw near?"

The city echoed back to Him,
A loud and angry cry,
"You are not the Messiah,
You we shall crucify!"

As I look upon the city fair,
And hear their call to pray,
To send them a Messiah,
To dwell with them today.

I understand the Savior's tears,
For a city that would not hear,
When He cried,
"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, will you not draw near?"

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, I longed to gather your children
together, like a hen gathers her chicks under her wings,
but you were not willing." Matthew 23:37

Freda Fullerton
April 17, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment