Friday, October 7, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
Today would have been my mom and dad's Anniversary.
This is a picture of my mom and dad at their Fiftieth Wedding
Anniversary party. Dad is holding great grandson Russell
Walker. I found the following poem among some of my papers
the other day. I'm not sure if I read it at their party, but I'm
posting the revised version today in honor of their sixty plus
years of their married life.

FOUR SEASONS OF MARRIAGE
It was fifty years ago that you said, "I do."
You have so many memories that you can recall.
I'm sure that living them...
It doesn't seem that long at all .

It was the springtime of your life,
That you came together...
And you have remained side by side
In fair and stormy weather.

The summertime of life brought you blessings
Of the patter of little feet.
As you strived to make a home for them,
Your union now complete.

As you moved to the fall of life
Things were not always well.
You had lost a son by then.
And the lost hurt more than you could tell.

Ever moving closer...
To the winter of your years,
A daughter leaving home,
Brought both joy and tears.

Now your life has come full circle
It's just the two of you...
God bless you in the winter years
In everything you do!

Freda Fullerton
October 7, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment