Monday, October 31, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is a scarecrow I made for one of our "Pumpkin Day,"
celebrations, when I was children's education director at
church. It was a guessing jar, filled with candy corn. I
can't remember who won all those calories?
Happy Halloween to all of you!
We live in a senior mobile home park and sadly
we do not have any trick or treaters. I miss that!

HALLOWEEN
Halloween! Halloween, ghost and goblins everywhere,
With the nippy feel of old Jack-frost in the air.

Black cats slinking on the ground
Bats flying all around.

Up and down the avenue
Trick or treat sounds out anew.

Monsters and skeletons aglow,
Knock on doors of folks they know.

Grown-ups pretend to be affright,
On this scary fun-filled night.

Little witches seek their pleasure
And hurry home to count their treasure.

Make-believe is at its height,
On this special children's night!

Freda Fullerton
October 31, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment