Sunday, October 9, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This picture is one our grandson Rich Walker drew when he
was in High School. It hung in the West Kingston, RI. Library
for a time. Today is Rich's thirty third birthday and the following
poem was written when he was born.
A PROUD GRANDMA
"I hear you a new grandchild
Has come you way...
What do you think of that Grandchild?"
Friends say.
If you will listen,
If you have the time,
I'll tell you about
That new grandchild of mine.
No other child
Has such a beautiful nose,
Such tiny ears,
A mouth like a rose.
He doesn't have much hair
On the top of his head,
But he looks like an angel
In his little bed.
His eyes have...
Such an intelligent look.
He may be a scholar,
He may write a book.
So can you blame me,
For being as proud as can be,
For out of all the world's grandma's
He decided on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment