Monday, October 17, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is me, playing "Sunshine,"the clown, with my side-kick,
"Hobo," J.E. Dowell. When I was director of the children's
education, at church, I had a program where the children earned
points all month and at the end of the month, "Sunshine," came
around with a cart full of goodies, they could exchange for their points.
I've always said that I'm willing to be a fool for Christ and I think this
picture proves it!

THE LIVING GOSPEL
The world would rather see a gospel,
Than hear one, so they say.
What will be the gospel
That we're preaching today?

Do we see the poor and ragged
In the way that Jesus would,
Or view a brother's weakness,
In the way we should?

Will we sing... love one another
And judge another by his skin,
If the skin is the wrong color
We won't invite him in?

How will the world know...
The kind of seed we sow,
Will it be the seeds of Jesus,
Or the latest T.V. show?

Do we believe that lies
Are shaded black or white,
If the white ones hurt no one,
They must be alright?

Do other people's mistakes
Make us very grim...
And make us say,
Unkind things to them?

If we judge another,
The Bible tells us then
That very same judgment
Will come back to us again.

One thing we must remember
As we go along the way...
Our lives are preaching something
To someone every day!

Freda Fullerton
October 17, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment