Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is a picture of me, taken the day of my mom's
funeral. I'm holding a picture of mom and dad. perhaps
there is not anything that will make you more aware of
your own mortality, like that of losing your parents.

IF I SHOUD DIE TODAY
If I should die today
What would I do?
Would I waste my time,
Spend it in review?

If today God called me home,
How would I spend my last hour?
Would I worry about the TV news,
Be grumpy and be sour?

Would I think about the bills
Or the shape this world is in
Or would I seize the day...
And enjoy it to the end?

How would people view my life,
If I should die today?
Would the world be a better place
For my having passed this way?

Just as though it is my last
I'll try to live today...
And see each step I take
In a new and different way!

Freda Fullerton
October 25, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment