Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
This is our grandson, Russell, on the soccer field.
 He was about ten years old.
About two months ago the phone rang and when I
answered it someone said , "Hi grandma." I said, "Is
this Russell?" He answered, "Of course it is!" He
proceeded to tell me that he was in a bit of trouble and
would I wire him some money? I said, "This just does
not sound like Russell!" He very quickly hung up! a
friend, unfortunately, wired money in a similar call and
of course it was not her grandson. We get e-mails, letters
through the mail warning us about identity theft. On the
news we hear of car jacking, home invasions and we teach
our children not to talk to strangers! So, today's poem seems
a paradox.

Something think about... the very people who are not worthy
of our trust, are the ones who need God most!

TRUST YOUR FELLOWMAN
"Don't trust your fellowman."
A cynic warns, so grim.
"He will make a fool of you,
If you out your trust in him!

If you practice, 'love thy neighbor,'
And turn the other cheek,
He will strip you of your pride,
And another victim he will seek."

I had rather be a fool,
For love and kindness sake.
I must trust my fellowman.
It's a chance that I must take.

If I reach out in faith,
And take him by the hand,
Tis not I, but God that speaks,
To my fellowman.

Freda Fullerton
October 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment