Saturday, October 1, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
Can you believe it is the first day of October? This is
a picture of our granddaughter, Katie, when she was small.
We were at a Halloween function at church and she was a
bit overwhelmed with the crowd. She felt snug and secure
in her "lady bug" costume, with grandma's hands wrapped
around her. I'm so thankful that God gave me hands to serve
and caress those I love!

WHY GOD GAVE ME HANDS
God gave me hands to do His will,
Though small the task may be,
A cup of water, a warm handshake,
A package wrapped so lovingly.

An apple pie, fresh from the oven,
Baked for those I love.
Hands folded quietly, in prayer
To my Father up above.

A written note sent by mail
To someone feeling blue.
A hand made item for a baby
Oh, so precious and so new.

Tightly clasping the hand
Of one I love so much.
Flowers picked for someone,
That needs that special touch.

To wipe away a tear...
From a sorrowful eye,
Or to wave a greeting
To someone passing by.

These are but little things,
But my Father understands,
These little things are so important,
That's why He gave me hands!

October 1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment