Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Freda's Garden:

Welcome to my Garden:
Today, We say good-bye to our dear sister, Arlene Himes,
in a memorial that will be a celebration of her life. The
poem I'm posting today, certainly defines Arlene and I
think this is how she would like to be remembered.

CHRISTIAN MOTHER AND WIFE
What is my lot...
As Christian mother and wife?
Did God promise that there would be
No trials and strife?

Did He promise all glorious days
Filled with sunshine?
No, He promised strength,
And a love so sublime.

If I let Him lead and guide me,
When temptation is near,
He will give me wisdom,
To teach the hearts I hold so dear.

He will dwell within me
And help me understand,
The honor I've chose...
The souls He has placed in my hand.

An honor, far great than oscars,
Or riches untold...
Or earth's precious treasures,
Of silver and gold.

If I walk with him gladly,
As I maintain my home,
He will reach down and bless me
And make me His own.

Really, what greater role
Is there in life...
Than that freely given
As Christian mother and wife.

Freda Fullerton
September 21, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment