Saturday, September 24, 2011

Freda's Garden:


Welcome to my Garden:
Rhode Island countryside in the fall.
Yesterday was the first day of fall, so I thought I
would launch the season with the following poem.
I have had a few of my poems published and this is
one of them.

AUTUMN'S WANDERLUST
When Autumn rolls around
And the wind blows wild and free,
There is a longing for wanderlust
Deep inside of me.

When I see a flock of geese fly by
On a bright sunlit day,
Or see a winding country road
Beside a main highway,

When I hear the whistle of a train
In the stillness of the night,
This spirit longs to be free,
Longs to take flight.

I see a plane fly so high
Where will it land today?
What exciting things await,
In places far away?

Ships that sail from port to port,
With cargo, unknown to me...
This spirit longs to sail with you
Upon the deep blue sea!

Yes, Autumn stirs the longing of wanderlust
Deep within my breast,
But love for home and family...
Keep me safe within my nest.

Freda Fullerton
September 24, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment